OCZ Memory Reliability/Performance/Compatability??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Well I was browsing NewEgg for alternatives (just in case) to XMS, and I rememberd OCZ memory...

I found these that fit my needs (so far):

OCZ Performance Series 184-Pin 256MB DDR PC-3200
(Approxamatly same specs as the XMS I was looking at)

Then the high-freq stuff...
OCZ Enhanced Latancy Series 184 Pin 256MB DDR PC-4000, Gold Edition - Retail

Anyone reccamend this brand and/or these specific modules?

Again, (and I know I'm annoying people with this...) it needs to be compatable with NF7 :rolleyes: . There arent enough reviews on newegg on the modules and I haven't seen any websites that give me the compatability information I need.... so if anyone can point me to one....

Any reccamendations/comments accepted.

EDIT: I thought I'd throw this in: What about Hyper-X?

OK, OCZ is good memory if you plan on overclocking. Corsair, mushkin and Buffalo are also good. Look for any of these if you plan on ocing. If you are not overclocking then you may want to check us out.

Ok so I ordered the NF7 and a new Powersupply (dont make fun of me, i was currently running a DEER 300w... HAHA!:rolleyes:

I'm gonna wait on ordering the memory (mostly because I dont have money :D). My plan is to borrow my brother's memory (512 DDR) when he's at work so i can at least make sure everything works/install-configure-windows and get any RMA's if needed.
I'm quite sure it should work fine because he has an NF7 (he doesnt even know what motherboard he has, and at that, he refuses to overclock... plus, he has an old unlocked 2500.. boohoo~)

After i get my memory, I'll probably save up for another stick, and then for a 2500. (which I will of course secretly switch with my brothers!)

Heh anyways, thanks for your help, MicroBell - guiding me the right way (corsair) the whole time and never giving up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom