Occasional Lag and CPU usage a one hundred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy0527

Solid State Member
Well in the past 3 months I've been having great difficulites with my computer.

First off I get the occasional lag when my CPU usage goes to 100. For example it could happen at any time such as when i go to click on an Icon it will lag for 5 or 6 seconds then open.

Yes I did reformat and it came back gradually.

In Online games about every other minute or so I get the lag in game and recieve 4-5 frames per second pretty much freezing me for a second or two.

I check in my task manager to see what is taking up all this CPU usage and it basically tells me it is whatever program i am running at the time. Say i am running a game it will say the game is taking up 100% of my CPU or if i am using AIM it was that is using 100%.

Comp specs:
Pent 4 2.4ghz
80gb hd
1024 ddr ram
ti4200 g4

Any help or advice is welcome :)

p.s. I suck at the internet
:confused:

hello fitzy, thats a cracking rig btw..so your computer slows down at full load is it only happening when you are on-line? are you on dial up or broadband? if you are on dialup any game will lag online except chess or suchlike,even with broadband you will get lag. if you know how to check your ping rate the lower the number the less lag you get i:e ping=100m/s ping=1500m/s
this is the time it takes your computer to go to the game server and back again it's measured in milliseconds.. if you are having cpu problems offline do a couple of system checks. check for virus,
overheating. is the cpu overclocked from bios? if it is set it back to default frequency..overall thats a good computer setup, it may be something simple slowing it down
hope this is some help

With any internet connection, it could be spyware and adware. They sometimes take control of your computer, and use your internet as a gateway for their adds, and data that they transmit, check this as well, cause it will cause both internet, and cpu lag if their is enough of the stuff on your computer. If you need ways to find out if you have adware and spyware on your computer, you can download 2 free awesome programs called ad-aware and spybot search and destroy, free at download.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom