Nvidia's G71 is also dual slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is dual core using 2 cores in one card? If so that would run hot as heck...

Anyways, I am a nVIDIA fanboy :p so despite what marks the ATi will score, I will always use nVIDIA.

I heard this was going to happen. Nvidia would make the 7800 GTX, and ATI would make the R520 to match or beat it, and while they do, Nvidia would make a better card to pull the carpet from ATI just after the R520 release

I heard this was going to happen. Nvidia would make the 7800 GTX, and ATI would make the R520 to match or beat it, and while they do, Nvidia would make a better card to pull the carpet from ATI just after the R520 release
Yeah but ATI already has the r580 planned for an early 2006 release so scratch that idea

:rolleyes: Already knew talk about the G71 aaaaages ago (well, since last week ;)) Although I doubt it will be called 'Ultra'. nVidia have appartently already stated that there will be no 7800 Ultra. 7900 GT/X sounds more like it.

Depending on my needs by the end of this year, I'll either just sell my GTX and invest in the daddy GeForce 7 (or *shock* go ATI ;)), or buy a second 7800 GTX at a bargain. Depends on what the price/benchmark scenario is. With so much new hardware tech just around the corner though (DDR3 system RAM, Longhorn, new CPU socket types etc), game developers are, as always, likely to go into a mad scramble to take advantage of it all (although Longhorn will most likely be initially more full of bugs than a year-old loaf of bread). Sooo, one could be looking at an entire system swapover this time next year, who knows...

DoomUK said:
:rolleyes: Already knew talk about the G71 aaaaages ago (well, since last week ;)) Although I doubt it will be called 'Ultra'. nVidia have appartently already stated that there will be no 7800 Ultra. 7900 GT/X sounds more like it.

Depending on my needs by the end of this year, I'll either just sell my GTX and invest in the daddy GeForce 7 (or *shock* go ATI ;)), or buy a second 7800 GTX at a bargain. Depends on what the price/benchmark scenario is. With so much new hardware tech just around the corner though (DDR3 system RAM, Longhorn, new CPU socket types etc), game developers are, as always, likely to go into a mad scramble to take advantage of it all (although Longhorn will most likely be initially more full of bugs than a year-old loaf of bread). Sooo, one could be looking at an entire system swapover this time next year, who knows...

Why would you sell the GTX? It will play anything for the next 2 years.

GameGURU said:
Why would you sell the GTX? It will play anything for the next 2 years.

I'm one of these that has absolutely got to have the best desktop GPU (or at least second best) setup in the world, even if that means going without food and bathing for a month :rolleyes: :p

gaara said:
You may want to consider a dual GPU instead, Gigabyte recently released their dual 6800GT card which scores about 10K in 3Dmark05, and I know several companies are working on dual GPU cards for the 7800GTX. I am assume ATI manufacturers will follow suit but I haven't heard much about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom