NVIDIA is the worst thing in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVidia is better because they have less driver problems, Pixel Shader 3.0 support, and great support for both OpenGL and Direct3D. I am an unproud owner of the X800 Pro, which in my opinion is the worst $400 i've ever spent. While it does okay in HL2, it can barely play Doom 3, while the 6800GT can play Doom 3 at twice the settings I play it on and still beat me by 40 fps. In HL2, you see the X800 Pro beating the 6800GT by 5-10 fps at the most. There are some cases when the 6800GT will do better in HL2 than the X800 Pro. I am getting ready to upgrade from the X800 Pro to the 6800 GT because I am so freaking tired of getting crap performance in Doom 3. And its only going to get worse when more games come out with the Doom 3 engine.

Benchmark scores never lie. :)

Maybe the same reason AMD is better than Intel. The architecture or processes are more efficient and better.

Just to point some credibility my way ... I own and have tested both the Radeon 9800Pro and the Geforce 6800Ultra. I prefer the 6800 Ultra hands down.

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

lol lol lol

defensive lil xxxxxxx aint ya ?

just admit it sometimes u buy Crap 2nd rate hardware(i.e amd and ATI), and nothing u say about it can improve it

do not try to mask your swearing. the word filter may not see it but I do.

ekÆsine
Tech Forums Super Moderator

Thats the thing I don't like about fan boys. They think defending their crap product is going to magically make it better when in fact it can't. LOOK AT THE FACTS!

Go ahead and say what you want, but can you OC an Intel 6Ghz and still have it Cold like I have my AMD? I have a MOBILE Athlon 2500+ OC'd to 2.4GHZ and stock is 1.83 also my temps are 36Celsius.

Oh, and don't tell me that you can do that with a Pentium cause I have proof you can't. I literally cracked and nearly melted a P4 1.8 trying to OC it a mere 2 Ghz.

jnev_89 said:
did you read what i wrote? nvidia's perform 99% as good as ati in games like HL2 (which caters to ati), whereas ati cards barely run games like doom 3 (which cater to nvidia). overall, nvidia has better performance. now, if you only run games like HL2 and don't care about games like doom 3, then yes, ati is probably better for you. otherwise, nvidia offers better overall performance. plus, if you run linux, nvidia has a HUGE advantage.

I have to disagree 100%. My Sapphire Radeon 9800SE LITE was able to get 30~40FPS in Doom 3, on Medium (I think, or High can't remember)... except a few parts where it dropped to 3 FPS but we won't go there hehe

You see, OpenGL is not truely *designed* for games. It's supposed to be used for multimedia applications (not games). Of course, Doom 3 is great and was designed with OpenGL. DirectX is optimized for gaming, designed for gaming, and is a lot better then OpenGL in many ways. And OpenGL is a lot better in its own ways.

I bet if Doom 3 was designed in Direct 3D, ATI would run just as good as any Nvidia.

Yes, I am an ATI guy- I will always stick with ATI.

My question is--how many games (commercial and big like Doom 3) actually USE OpenGL? I can't name many, really, all I can name is Doom 3.

So really, why should ATI spend extra time optimizing their cards for one simple game, when the developers of Doom 3 should of made it in DirectX?

Oh well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's still my opinion :rolleyes:. Personally, I didn't like Doom 3. I like Half-Life 2 better.Doom 3 was dark, scary, and uh boring... although I do like being able to play on the computers such as the security cameras ;)

As for Nvidia supporting Linux, that's all good and well but there are like no good games for Linux... very few. Also, for those few games ATI will just do fine with their current drivers.

The 6800 series are great.
Nvidia makes great cards.

The X800 series are great.
ATI makes great cards.

No need to start a debate about such a silly topic... if you think you can design better video cards, then you may be my guest.

I prefer the 6800's over X800's, and I prefer 9800's to FX 5950's

overall I am unbiased to the maker of the card, I like cards that perform better. it is a simple fact that 6800's perform better in Doom 3 and almost as good, and sometimes better than the although it is true that AA and AF take a heavier toll on the 6800's

and it is also true that the Radeon 9800 beats all Nvidia 5xx0 cards also

I don not think that "Nvidia rules" nor do I think "ATI Rules"
I just think they have both made some really good cards, and some bad ones too.

o and also VII If your running HL2 with 6x AA than you are running with no AA because for nvidia if i understand correctly 6x means none at all.
I don't quite understand how 6xAA can mean no AA at all. AA is present in virtually all cards out today.

just admit it sometimes u buy Crap 2nd rate hardware(i.e amd and ATI), and nothing u say about it can improve it
AMD and ATI are not crap at all.

I like Athlon 64's because they have a lot of advancements over Pentium 4's. although Pentium 4's are just starting to make 64-bit Pentium 4's, they perform really badly when they do run 64-bit apps. also the onboard memory controller, and shorter pipelines make them great CPU's to oprate. although they are not as good as Pentium 4's when it comes to mathematics and multimedia apps, this is partly due to larger cache
now, I'm not biased towards AMD either, I prefer this particular CPU over the opposing Intel CPU's today. I prefer Pentium 4's to Athlon XP's for the most part, except for Mobile XP's when it comes to overclocking, and I heavily prefer Pentium 3's to Durons.

being biased towards a particular company is not good. while that company may be doing very well now, they may not be in future. for all we know, AMD or Intel might go out of business in 5 years (although I doubt that for both of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom