NVIDIA is the worst thing in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. nvidia has better drivers

2. in most games nvidia has the advantage (in HL2, which is an ati game, nvidia is 99% as good as ati. in doom 3, which is a nvidia game, ati can barely play it at all)

There is a reason for that... THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN PROVEN:

- NVIDIA performs better than ATI in OpenGL (Doom 3, etc.).

- ATI performs better than NVIDIA in Direct3D (90% of games).

did you read what i wrote? nvidia's perform 99% as good as ati in games like HL2 (which caters to ati), whereas ati cards barely run games like doom 3 (which cater to nvidia). overall, nvidia has better performance. now, if you only run games like HL2 and don't care about games like doom 3, then yes, ati is probably better for you. otherwise, nvidia offers better overall performance. plus, if you run linux, nvidia has a HUGE advantage.

lmao, once u get to high end cards, such as the 6800gt + and the x800 + there isnt a whole lot of difference realy, they run the games all in full quality (even my 6600GT runs hl2 maxed even with 16x AF and 6x AA)
To me, as long as the game looks nice and doesnt lag I couldnt give a fawk what brand it is ,,,

oh and to the person sayin that ATI is better for direct 3d and Nvidia better at openGL, u know that is total bull xxxx , i bet u read that on this site some where!

Nvidia : Owns Doom 3
ATI : Whats doom 3?
Nvidia: Whoops hl2
ATI: Spend $500+ because u can get 2 FPS higher than Nvidia!!!

watch your language

ekÆsine
Tech Forums Super Moderator

VIII,

First of all... Before you post that crap... Actually look at the benchmarks.

In regards to Half-life 2, ATI completely outperforms every NVIDIA product on the market when AA and AF are maxed out.

AA and AF is NVIDIA's biggest weakness.

6800GT is clearly better than an X800 pro and the benchmarks can prove that. In fact i originally pre-ordered an X800 pro and then upon seeing the benchmarks switched before i could even get my hands on ether of them because of the overclockability of the 6800GT and the price to performance ratio way better than the X800 pros. And the person saying ATI is better at Direct X and Nvidia is better at OpenGL is correct as they both cater to the seperate cards. Also the X850XT is the fastest card out there right now hands down, not by much but it still is the only thing the 6800Ultra has over it is that its Future proof (SM3.0) $400 market yes Nvidia owns. o and also VII If your running HL2 with 6x AA than you are running with no AA because for nvidia if i understand correctly 6x means none at all.

SanToast said:
VIII,

First of all... Before you post that crap... Actually look at the benchmarks.

In regards to Half-life 2, ATI completely outperforms every NVIDIA product on the market when AA and AF are maxed out.

AA and AF is NVIDIA's biggest weakness.

you do have a point there ATI is much better at performing with AA and AF.

SanToast said:
Now that I have your attention.

I have a question for all of the NVIDIA fans out there...

What makes NVIDIA better than ATI?

I bet you that NOT ONE PERSON can provide a logical answer...

So why do people post "NVIDIA OWNS ATI" or "NVIDIA IS BETTER"?

same thing as ford vs chevy, it's all what people prefer. let em think what they want

To the question

The 6600GT whoops ATI's ass in any card on it's level

The 6800GT whoops ATI's ass, because it's available to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom