nvidia won't detect when first time boot up computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

navin

Baseband Member
dear friends,

my friend having this problem each and every time he boot up the computer for the first time of the day. once he restart the computer can detect his nvidia card.

izzit becoz of he is using old monitor? or becoz the mobo and nvidia have some conflicts?

the monitor would have nothing to do with it.....has he made sure onboard video has been disabled if there is onboard video? When was the last time he's done a nice clean format with freshly installed drivers and such? How about reseating the card to make sure it's firmly in it's spot.

dear nubius,

thanks for the reply. he just bought a new pc which have been assembled by the technician. according to him the problem started after he installed norton anti virus programme.

but for me it's nothing conflict or nothing to do with the programme right?

Well....when troubleshooting...the customer always start with 'all I was doing was....' and it's something innocent but mysteriously the computer shut down....

What do you mean by it doesn't detect it anyway? What happens when it's not detected? Windows simply doesn't boot up are you at the POST screen or what? But it shouldn't be a conflict since it's working, why it takes a restart we've yet to find out

navin said:
dear nubius,

thanks for the reply. he just bought a new pc which have been assembled by the technician. according to him the problem started after he installed norton anti virus programme.

but for me it's nothing conflict or nothing to do with the programme right?

When you install nvidia drivers, make sure your antivirus is off

or you will have conflicts

from what i heard is the screen resolution change to another resolution. same goes to color bits. it will downgrade automatically.

When you install nvidia drivers, make sure your antivirus is off

or you will have conflicts
Aww yes this is very true....I don't have anti-virus software so that simply slipped my mind, but yes when you go to install nvidia drivers it first asks you to close your anti-virus program. If he installed norton THEN the nvidia drivers that'd cause problems, but if the card was already in and the drivers installed THEN installed norton then that wouldn't be the cause

Ah, so it does find the card, as in it doesn't reinstall the vid card all over again, instead the display and color settings goto 640x480 and you will only have a choice of something like 16 and 256 colors... thats a corrupt driver. disable nortons and reinstall latest drivers. if that doesn't do it, may need to update the cards firmware.

oh, when I say update the driver, dont use the driver he has already downloaded, download a FRESH copy of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom