nVidia vs ATI

Is the system i built a good deal for the money i spent?

• Hellz nah!! you got ripped off like a little biatch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, what can i say; it's just about right...

• Gdamn, man, it's a purtty dang good deal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI Cards are better.

they last longer that nVidia and they are more durrable.

I have a ATI 9700 Pro in my computer and it runs great. teh only problem is that some games operate better with the 2 different brands.

Take the Metal of Honor series. that sometimes lags a bit just because that game was designed for nVidia cards.

But why would you get a 9600? if i were you i would save up a little more and get a 9800 pro from http://www.newegg.com. its only like 210 bux (US).

its a good deal for a good card.

what makes you say ATI cards are more durable, I have never read or experienced anything like that with my past nvidia cards. These cards are designed to last a very long time, otherwise there would have been so many complaints/lawsuits fornvidia that would probably have put them out of business.

modemide said:
what makes you say ATI cards are more durable, I have never read or experienced anything like that with my past nvidia cards. These cards are designed to last a very long time, otherwise there would have been so many complaints/lawsuits fornvidia that would probably have put them out of business.

When you buy a companys products you generally wave all rights that would allow you to sue them over certain things. I don't think a companys products perishing in a short time would qualify as being illegal. For instance, in Microsoft's agreement for windows you wave Microsoft of all responsibilities if their product should cause any kind of damage, including anything to do with nuclear weapons... Yes I was surprised when I seen that mentioned in their TOS. If anyone could sue over such things we wouldn't have bad brand names...

MiGiT128 said:
ATI Cards are better.

they last longer that nVidia and they are more durrable.

I have a ATI 9700 Pro in my computer and it runs great. teh only problem is that some games operate better with the 2 different brands.

Take the Metal of Honor series. that sometimes lags a bit just because that game was designed for nVidia cards.

But why would you get a 9600? if i were you i would save up a little more and get a 9800 pro from http://www.newegg.com. its only like 210 bux (US).

its a good deal for a good card.

I heard different. From many forums i have visited, alot have complained of their ATI cards breaking down and such. Nvidia's cards are what i would say more durable and last longer.

BTW, i voted for the 9600 and i'm also a huge fan of ATI.:cool:

WQ87 said:
I heard different. From many forums i have visited, alot have complained of their ATI cards breaking down and such. Nvidia's cards are what i would say more durable and last longer.

BTW, i voted for the 9600 and i'm also a huge fan of ATI.:cool:

You also have to remember it has a lot to do with the person who makes the card. Yes they may be ATI based cards, but notice I say based. Many manufacturers have the rights to these cards, such as MSI, Visiontek, Gigabyte, PNY, and even Curcial. As with all brands, some suck, some do not.

kinda depends on what your doing with your comp. In my opinion, GF does better when your playing games, and ATI does better when your playing videos.

Overall though, i think ATI is more reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom