nVidia vs ATI - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Is the system i built a good deal for the money i spent?
Hellz nah!! you got ripped off like a little biatch 4 30.77%
Meh, what can i say; it's just about right... 7 53.85%
Gdamn, man, it's a purtty dang good deal 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to ATIRAGEPRO Send a message via Yahoo to ATIRAGEPRO
Arrow nVidia vs ATI

Post Your opinion: Which AGP rules, and why?

Quote:
Originally posted by bonehelm
WTF ROFLMAO !!!! WTF OMFG LOL !!!! PARDON THE ****KING CAPS IM SO ROFL NOW !!!

I just found out I\'ve been using direct X 8.1 since its out.
He who knows when enough is enough will always have enough... - Lao Tzu
Old 05-17-2004, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

WHy have you posted such low cards?

</form>
Old 05-17-2004, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ATI Cards are better.

they last longer that nVidia and they are more durrable.

I have a ATI 9700 Pro in my computer and it runs great. teh only problem is that some games operate better with the 2 different brands.

Take the Metal of Honor series. that sometimes lags a bit just because that game was designed for nVidia cards.

But why would you get a 9600? if i were you i would save up a little more and get a 9800 pro from http://www.newegg.com. its only like 210 bux (US).

its a good deal for a good card.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

what makes you say ATI cards are more durable, I have never read or experienced anything like that with my past nvidia cards. These cards are designed to last a very long time, otherwise there would have been so many complaints/lawsuits fornvidia that would probably have put them out of business.
</form>
Old 05-17-2004, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by modemide
what makes you say ATI cards are more durable, I have never read or experienced anything like that with my past nvidia cards. These cards are designed to last a very long time, otherwise there would have been so many complaints/lawsuits fornvidia that would probably have put them out of business.
When you buy a companys products you generally wave all rights that would allow you to sue them over certain things. I don't think a companys products perishing in a short time would qualify as being illegal. For instance, in Microsoft's agreement for windows you wave Microsoft of all responsibilities if their product should cause any kind of damage, including anything to do with nuclear weapons... Yes I was surprised when I seen that mentioned in their TOS. If anyone could sue over such things we wouldn't have bad brand names...
Old 05-17-2004, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by MiGiT128
ATI Cards are better.

they last longer that nVidia and they are more durrable.

I have a ATI 9700 Pro in my computer and it runs great. teh only problem is that some games operate better with the 2 different brands.

Take the Metal of Honor series. that sometimes lags a bit just because that game was designed for nVidia cards.

But why would you get a 9600? if i were you i would save up a little more and get a 9800 pro from http://www.newegg.com. its only like 210 bux (US).

its a good deal for a good card.
I heard different. From many forums i have visited, alot have complained of their ATI cards breaking down and such. Nvidia's cards are what i would say more durable and last longer.

BTW, i voted for the 9600 and i'm also a huge fan of ATI.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by WQ87
I heard different. From many forums i have visited, alot have complained of their ATI cards breaking down and such. Nvidia's cards are what i would say more durable and last longer.

BTW, i voted for the 9600 and i'm also a huge fan of ATI.
You also have to remember it has a lot to do with the person who makes the card. Yes they may be ATI based cards, but notice I say based. Many manufacturers have the rights to these cards, such as MSI, Visiontek, Gigabyte, PNY, and even Curcial. As with all brands, some suck, some do not.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

The 9600 Pro is the better of the two

<marquee scrollamount=4 bgcolor=\"#000000\">Desktop: 3.0ghz HT 800fsb P4, Chaintech 9CJS Zenith, 2x 512mb GEIL Dual Channel DDR400, 80gb 7200rpm ATA HD, Sapphire X800 XT Platinum Edition, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 THX Speakers, Turbolink 420watt PSU, Black 19\" Orion Monitor, Logitech MX Duo and Win XP Home</marquee>
<marquee scrollamount=4 bgcolor=\"#000000\">My Wishlist: 74gb 10K SATA Western Digital Raptor...</marquee>
Old 05-17-2004, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to RyanOldw83

Is this a joke? ATI, no contest!
Old 05-17-2004, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Techie

kinda depends on what your doing with your comp. In my opinion, GF does better when your playing games, and ATI does better when your playing videos.

Overall though, i think ATI is more reliable

Closed Thread