NVIDIA's Answer To Defective GPUs: Buy New Ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master

VR-Zone claims to be in possession of a leaked NVIDIA memo that offers the company's OEM partners a solution for the problematic GeForce 8M series GPUs. The solution? Buy their new GPUs.

NVIDIA is committed to providing our customers with quality products that push the edge of technology and also continuously improve product quality and reliability. To help improve the product quality and ensure smooth and uninterrupted product supply during the current “end stage” of life cycle, NVIDIA strongly recommends that customers transition to this latest revision of the NB8E-SET GPUs as soon as possible. These latest revision units utilize “Hitachi” underfill packaging material that improves product quality and enhances operating life by improved thermal cycling reliability.

Our products were inferior? Buy our new ones!

Awesome solution. And what about all the people stuck with sub-standard gpu's now? Apparently they're just SOL.

Funny thing is...i dont know anyone with an Nvidia gpu that has had it go bad.

I have three of them under heavy load all the time...no issues.

Our products were inferior? Buy our new ones!

Awesome solution. And what about all the people stuck with sub-standard gpu's now? Apparently they're just SOL.

Agreed :D

Hopefully they don't die out though... they are getting their butt kicked right now in every price segment AMD has a card out in..

VR-Zone claims to be in possession of a leaked NVIDIA memo that offers the company's OEM partners a solution for the problematic GeForce 8M series GPUs. The solution? Buy their new GPUs.

NVIDIA is committed to providing our customers with quality products that push the edge of technology and also continuously improve product quality and reliability. To help improve the product quality and ensure smooth and uninterrupted product supply during the current “end stage” of life cycle, NVIDIA strongly recommends that customers transition to this latest revision of the NB8E-SET GPUs as soon as possible. These latest revision units utilize “Hitachi” underfill packaging material that improves product quality and enhances operating life by improved thermal cycling reliability.

Wow.... that's crazy talk!

Funny thing is...i dont know anyone with an Nvidia gpu that has had it go bad.

I have three of them under heavy load all the time...no issues.

I had to send back 3, 8800GTS before getting one that worked, and then the one that worked(4th), stopped working after a week.
Bad luck?

I went to ATI and got a 4850 and its ran fine with no problems.

This is a similar deal with what happened when Windows Vista launched. Companies would rather get you to buy another product instead of putting aside a team of programmers to make a Vista driver.

Ya, after the whole Daniel K incident.. and giving the crap drivers for us without X-Fi's....

That angered me so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom