Nvidia Mulls Over Porting PhysX to OpenCL - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #21 (permalink)
The Bulldog
Default Re: Nvidia Mulls Over Porting PhysX to OpenCL

Originally Posted by Slaymate View Post
What I see is Nvidia hating ATI fanboyism.

The fact is ATI has never had good software support for any of their products. You can make all the wild claims you want and continue to support their lack of effort by buying their products. In return you will continue to be second fiddle, good luck with that.
Last time I checked calling people fanboys wasn't allowed here. I hope you like your infractions.

I have yet to see you prove that ATI somehow doesn't have good GPGPU support, and I haven't made any wild claims. Everything I have said is due to direct experience with them in GPGPU, something that most TF members cant say. You can ignore what I say if you want, but then you are suppressing evidence and that would make you the biased one.

<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

I believe the point Slay was making is more about the end-user side of things. Whether through programming bias, lack of support, marketing, *whatever*, there are quite a few major programs out there that WILL run better on Nvidia cards. And yes I know the opposite is also true, but not to the same extent. And that factors into my decision when choosing a gfx card.

Maybe that won't be the case in a few years, maybe nvidia is heading for a spectacular crash with CUDA and massive single gpu architechture. Maybe it really IS more difficult to code for nvidia GPUs, I wouldn't have a clue. But right now, what I do know is nvidia is ahead in the market.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Alright, I'm closing this debacle of a thread before it gets any more out of hand.

R.I.P. Ronald C. "Bucky" Buck
3/13/1949 - 11/30/2010
Poizen22 - in all honesty id prefetr my pics get passed around then send perform some homo erotic sexual deed.
thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
Closed Thread