nVIDIA GF2 MX 400 not recognised - very wierd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_anomaly

Beta member
Hi ! I have a massive problem..could u please help me out if u can...................

I have a GeForce 2 MX 400....a few days ago will trying to update my driver to the Forceware 56.72, I discovered that my comp was using the sav2km.dll as it's driver ....the s3 savage 2000 driver....this explained the massive infintie loop problem I was having with many games and the suprising ' not enough video memory ' with others though I have a 64 MB card...

Now my main problem is ...though my card is a GF2 MX 400, I can't install its drivers, the comp refuses to accept that nv4_disp.inf contains information about my card....Detonator doesn't install as well......when i tried the s3 savage 2000 driver my chips are still recognised as Nvidia gf2 mx 400 ...............even the program s3id ( the s3 chip identifier ) says my card is a savage 2000 though it most certainly is not....even BIOS recognises my card as a gf2 mx 400........and i have opened the case and checked..it is a gf2 mx 400

what i need to know is ....is there any manual way of install the drivers for win xp pro as it refuses to accept to recognise my card ? or is there any other solution to this massively annoying problem ?

Thanks alot

yeah..i'll give it a shot..thanx 4 the reply...i'm so fed up i'll try anything now.......but is there a way i can override windows driver installation method and manually install my card ?

Hey I tried the driver cleaner ...it didn't work . It says some files are missing ...which is true as the only driver it accepts to install is the s3 savage 2000 driver................the display device is listed as nVIDIA GeForce 2 MX400 64 MB....even when the s3 driver is the one installed...wierd isn't it ?

Instead of trying to install the latest NVIDIA drivers why not install older drivers? From say... 2002?

Did you check the release notes on the Forceware 56.72 drivers to see if they support GeForce 2 cards?

Yeah I checked the release notes, the gf2 is supported...i've tried the old detonator drivers like 28.32 and 29.42 ...which fully support the gf2...even those don't work..........I just dont see the similarity in a gf2 and a s3 savage 2k.............can't i sort of manually install the drivers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom