NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Quad SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Quad SLI

Are you considering a new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Quad SLI set up for your gaming rig? Is a single high-end video card good enough for most games or do you really need to plop down the extra cash for that second one? We answer those questions and more in today's evaluation, hit the link to get started.

Quad SLI currently has no value. The GeForce GTX 295's are pricey; still at $499. That means Quad SLI will cost you no less than $1000. That extra $500 is not going to buy you a better gaming experience with today's games. Even F.E.A.R. 2 which was just released last week can already be run at its highest possible settings at 2560x1600 with just one GTX 295 or one 4870 X2. There aren't any gaming reasons to invest in Quad SLI OR 4870 X2 CrossFireX currently.

Crysis and future proofing. Fear 2 isn't very demanding and if you have got lots of dough to spend go with tri-sli gtx285's possibly with a gtx295 for physx just to show off lol

Hardocp has been slacking lately, some of the results in there look screwed.

Ive seen screenshots of what quad sli can do at 1920 with aa on and it is much higher than 26fps.

I get that much fps with a single 295 at 1680x1050 and 2xAA.

Meh, i went tri-sli because i wanted to. I wont have to upgrade again for at least a year, and the way the economy is right now, i highly doubt that nvidia is going to release any new cards anytime soon.

Hardocp has been slacking lately, some of the results in there look screwed.

Ive seen screenshots of what quad sli can do at 1920 with aa on and it is much higher than 26fps.

I get that much fps with a single 295 at 1680x1050 and 2xAA.

Are you talking about the Crysis bench? Its only a single 295...they dont show SLI 295s at that rex for some reason...

Are you talking about the Crysis bench? Its only a single 295...they dont show SLI 295s at that rex for some reason...

Im not talking about hardocp, im talking about results ive seen from other people.

but yeah they dont at that res....i dont like hardocp's method of testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom