Nvidia GeForce 6600Gt a good card??

Status
Not open for further replies.
performance wise its nothing near the 6800 gt/ultra .. as it has more pipelines... the 6600 is nice.. but its basically the best of an old technology.. its like buying a brand new car with a 5 yearold engine performance.. just wait a bit and fork over 150 more bucks and get the 6800gt not hte ultra tho ... thats pointless as you can overclock the gt to ultra specs

So your saying that the 6800 is worth the extra $150? I am just trying to save a little dough. How close does the performance of the 6600 come to the 6800?

well.. not the 6800 .. but the 6800GT.. i think the performance is well worth the cash ... google a list of graphic cards and check the difference.. check out websites like tom's hardware.. youd be surprised how good that 6800 GT is

Whew the lowest price for that card at newegg was $425.
I just dont think that i can spend that kind of money right now, I guess ill just have to hold off for a while unless something else comes along.
But i cant stand not being able to play Doom3, Halflife2, and Cs source.

This sucks

423? lol .. nah . i got mine for 400 2 weeks ago.. just wait man .. that also depends.. doom3 halflife2 and cs:s do kick ass tho +D.. matter of wanting/being capable to wait or not .. the 6600 GT will play those games just fine( depending on what youre willing to put up with =D) .. but in about 6 mths it may or may not!

i say go 6600gt it will be absolutely fine for current games, and unless you want every single feature turned on and maxed out you will be fine, i guess the important thing to remember is that gameplay isnt affected by how graphically amazing a game is once you get to this level... not seeing a drop of saliva fall from the corner of gordon's mouth in halflife while a 6 ton monster runs at him doesnt exactly make me too sad, get the card now so you can enjoy the games...

I just want a really nice fps with 1024*786
Im not sure how good my monitor is and how it will handle a very high resolution

the 6600GT will be the best bang for the buck meaning best performance/price ratio, I'd assume especially if you got eVGA brand you could OC it and get better results, but yeah it does have fewer pipelines, but it's still going to be one helluva card and is far from 'old technology' as it blows away any old technology completely, having that GDDR3 memory helps and the fact that the 6600GT I checked had 500core/1000memory speed which is pretty dern good.

All the reviews I read on it said it was awesome and performed better than they had expected especially in doom, reaching 1280x1024 resolution, high settings, 2xaa and af if not more ( I really can't remember) and apparently held out like a champ so I personally think I may look into it when it comes available in AGP from eVGA

dude, the 6600GT is fine, im playing on a 2.8ghz 1.5g ram geforcefx5200, HP system and i havent had any artifacts glitches or computer lag playing HL2 and CS:S at 1024*768 youll be great, unless you want top notch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom