Nvidia GeForce 5700 FX 128 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

webwolf

Solid State Member
I had bought a Nvidia Aslym GeForce 5200 FX 256MB. I was over charged for it. So I returned it and bought another card, a 5700 FX 128 MB. I was told it would be twice as fast as the 5200. Now the price was 128 dollars. I am completely new to Nvidia cards or any other accelerator cards for that matter. I wanted one that I knew was going to work well in both XP and Linux. The place I bought it at said that 128 MB is fine. If it was a 256 MB card it probably wouldn't use all that memory and I f I did It would probably go slow and be a bit choppy. Does this sound right to others? Also is the price about right? I know Nvidia has better cards out there but this is what I can afford for now. I will be getting a better one latter. Also I bought Doom 3 and it seemed to work fine with the 5200 but I haven't tried it yet with the new 5700. Anyone try Doom 3 with a Nvidia GeForce 5700 FX 128 MB? Any problems?

Webwolf

it's ok with 128mb or 256mb as long as u get good memory chips (speed and durability to overclock). of course u can run doom 3 fine, but not with all settings is set to high and resolution maxed at 1024x786. any higher setting than this will slow down u performance.

I actually had the GeForceFX 5700 256mb card. GREAT card. Handled graphics wonderfully and just performed all around good. I bought it for $150 and that was back in April so yeah your price sounds about right. My card unfortunately overheated or something =/ and this is without overclocking anything, but my processor was up at 64C on IDLE so I think my case was just hot in general. So now I'm running on a good ole Geforce2MX 32MB =/ Oh well, games isn't my main priority. I want a strong PC, then get 'another' graphics card so the whole system has a good backbone to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom