Nvidia FX 5200 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I was having a browse through the SiSandra Software and was looking in my video card set-up. It says that my video card does not have an interrupt assigned. Then it goes on to say,

"Fix: Go to BIOS Setup\Settings\PCI & AGP Devices and set Assign IRQ to video card to yes. You may also try setting First Video Adapter setting to AGP. Some video cards may need to be configured to use an interrupt, either through an utility or a jumper."

However in my bios I cannot find that setting/ it isn't there (I'm running a Gigabyte GA-7s748 mobo). And I'm not entirely sure what to do with the whole jumper thing. Is there a program I can download to help assign an interrupt to the card? Also if one is assigned will the gfx card run any faster? and will the performance of the computer increase?

- Michael -

If your not having problems it's most likely handling the interrupt properly, so run a benchmark like 3dmark03 for your card, if it works and you get average peformance dont worry about it

Ok yeah well this is the performance I am getting... shit all.
I scored 1047 on the 3Dmark03 test. So something has to be going wrong there!

Help me out!

I have a similar system, but I have a XP (barton) 2800+ overclocked to 2.13ghz and 1gig of PC2100 RAM. I have the same video card. Although I have not benchmarked mine I am having no problems whatsoever. Probably the most graphics intensive game I have run on mine is Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and it runs flawlessly.

For some reason the 3DMark03 software will not install on my system. I can download it but it will not install? I have no idea why.

Syphanx said:
Ok yeah well this is the performance I am getting... shit all.
I scored 1047 on the 3Dmark03 test. So something has to be going wrong there!

Help me out!

That's a pretty good score, and it didnt crash.

My 5200 on a 1.7ghz p4 was just under 800

yeah thanks desiboi that's my gfx card your talking about lol. Nah they are pretty average. I'm getting a new one soon. What's all this new technology where you can have two gfx cards running at once? SLI or something? I'm guessing that they both have to be the same brand of card i.e. ATI or Nvidia can't be one of each and they both run in the pci slots. Could you run a 6600GT and a 6800GT??? If anyone's got a link to a site which has more info on this new tech can you give it to me plz.

- Michael -

one gfx card is enough, SLI is for ppl with money to burn

a 6600gt will handle all currenct games fine, but a 6800gt is newer and a lot better

desiboi said:
???? FX 5200!!!! Aren't those real crappy?

When you upgrade from a PCI geforce 2, nope, it ain't crappy at all.:D For $50 the 5200 ain't that bad.

Of course I also have mine overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom