nVidia firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panther5060 said:
why not just get an anti-trojan program, and have nvidias h/w firewall, and a h/w firewall on your router, rather interesting no?

Well you can certainly get TrojanHunter and have it on your system - along with a solid h/w firewall. I'll certainly be a happy camper. The point is you usually need a s/w component that can deal with trojans.

And we don't need 2 hardware firwalls man! NV h/w firwall and a router based firewall. :p

DJ-CHRIS said:
But why do we need to worry about a firewall handling trojans, a good hardware firewall and smart user, you will never get a trojan.

Is reasonably priced 500$ USD btw?

Too risky man. A smart user is anyone who doesn't download "any" executables from the internet. Not even "trusted" download sites. Unless you are downloading through a secure channel. I am on a University network. Any retard who knows what they are doing and has enough time could lead me to a false download if they wanted to - on an unsecure channel. So the "smart user" thing is only applicable if you get all ur software on CDs.

$500.. hmm.. too much man. I was thinking around $150 - 200 US. The price of getting a good s/w firewall/trojan scanner and a good h/w firewall that might not neccasarily have trojan capabilities.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Yo are u running any services?. Why aren't ur ports stealthed?

2 of em are netbios and their not really a risk to keep open, but i may close em up

"Smart User" doesnt mean someone who doesnt download at all, just means someone who watches what they do.

My hardware firewall is on my cisco 831 k9 and I still have to fully configure it

EDIT: Their filtered and 2 are closed, i dont worry about stealthing though since im not stealthy on the internet :)

2 of em are netbios and their not really a risk to keep open, but i may close em up

"Smart User" doesnt mean someone who doesnt download at all, just means someone who watches what they do.

My hardware firewall is on my cisco 831 k9 and I still have to fully configure it

Ok I found it. It was in the ForceWare networking thingy. It does support it. I'm gonna keep Windows Firewall running (it's been working fine for me) and enable the nVidia Firewall anti-hacking.

Well, if you get any s/w firewall to work well with the NV firewall, post back. Also, does the NV firewall support traffic logging? (The actual content of the packets). I don't have one, so can't check :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom