nVidia Drivers?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Nvidia drivers (IMO). Very buggy.

I have a PNY 5900 & I lose compatibility with Half-Life 2 if I try to use the BF2 demo driver or the current one.

I've been using the 71.89 driver and it is VERY stable (also IMO). I have not encountered a game that has crashed on me while using it. It is a little tricky finding the old Windows XP / 2000 drivers on Nvidia's site, but if you can find the archives (hint: GOOOOOGLE! it) you can find the 71.89 driver.

Combine that with NVtweak (coolbits 2.0) and you should be good to go.

Your card might be overheating, as to the crash. My 5900 is running at 450 / 900, vs stock 400 / 850 (with stock fan) and it does great in games, stability wise (performance is another story, that little prick hates Battlefield 2, and that is why I hate it right back. I have to play at 1024x768, medium textures, high texture filter (DO NOT PUT THE TEXTURE FILTER LOWER THAN HIGH IF YOU CAN, MAKES GAME MUCH HARDER!), no shadows, and low everything else to get good gameplay and FPS).

I used to have it at 450 / 950, but that pumps the ambient temperature (memory) up higher and I get artifacts frequently on heavy loads. When I down-clocked the memory to 900, it has not given me any complaints.

hmm... well it shouldnt be over heating.. i never have OCed it, and im not going to.. i just built this PC at the start of this summer.. its clocked at like... 350/700 (128MB, 256-Bit).. i mean come on, its a 6800 OC - it shouldnt have problems running Guild Wars or w.e.. i was thinkin maybe my internet, but yet it runs fine if im not gaming.. but then again maybe my cable connection cant handle the gaming... hmm

ThePCmaN said:
my power supply is nice too... Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480Watt w/ Wattviewer (all cables sleeved) its a nice PSU, plus i heard it was a good one.. so thats why i got it...

any other reasons why i might be laggin in games and getting ping above 100,200,300...

Ping is 100% determined by your network and the Internet, not your graphics card

MasterShazbot, you did install a BETA driver, as these things are for TESTING. Yes you are going to get problems, and yes it is your fault for installing beta drivers.

DJ-CHRIS: "MasterShazbot, you did install a BETA driver, as these things are for TESTING. Yes you are going to get problems, and yes it is your fault for installing beta drivers."

Did you read my thread correctly Chris?

MASTERSHAZBOT: "I've been using the 71.89 driver and it is VERY stable (also IMO). I have not encountered a game that has crashed on me while using it."

So what if it's a Beta driver, it works for every game I've thrown at it, and incredibly well. I've not had ANY problems with 71.89, why did you say I'm going to get problems? Did you have a bad experience with 71.89?

Of course it's my fault for installing the 71.89 driver :p and yes I know its a beta, does your video card pick and install its own drivers at will or something :eek: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom