nVidia Driver Issues after removing the ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
My work computer motherboard died this afternoon. So I needed to use the spare workstation while I send the motherboard off for RA.

Now the video card orginally in this new box of was an ATI Radeon 9200. I need my DUAL display for my work. Therefore I need to transfer the nVidia GF 5200 with Dual head into this box.

This computer is running Win Xp Pro. With the ATI Radeon 9200, it's never had the ATI drivers installed as Windows default drivers where enough.

The problem I am currently having is that the latest nVIDEA Detonator drivers will not install properly on this box. After running the nVIDEA set up, I restart the computer. As soon as I log back in, Windows detects new hardware and requires the drivers for this video card.

I point windows in the direction of where the actual driver files are, but it refuses to load them.

I am getting mirrored displays on both monitors. SO I know the video card is working.

Has any one else had this problem?

I would like my seperate dual displays back.

Goto Display properties ...Then the Nvidia Tab

Color_Profile_1.jpg

Under the Nview Modes ...Select DualView...

Currently i think ur in the clone mode.
THis should help u fix the problem

I would go to the nVidea tab if it was there.

If you go into device manager, it still shows up at Standard VGA Card.

There is some thing stopping this computer from completing the installation.

My GeForce Ti4200 doesn't have that Tab either - I shall try and get it and then tell you how you can get it, if its the same process :)

Oki doki found it.

There is an nView Management Icon within your Control Panel. Simply open this and select Enable - I'm sure you can take it from here :)

Kangaroo said:
My GeForce Ti4200 doesn't have that Tab either - I shall try and get it and then tell you how you can get it, if its the same process :)

I have used this same video card on 3 other systems for far with the same drives. I have always had a tab.

But the problem that I am having is that the driver is not installing in this system.

preet2u said:
I would suggest u use Driver Cleaner

N' then install the new drivers after the restart n' changing of cards

I will check it out.

QUESTION. could it possibly be some thing with the motherboard AGP driver or APG speed? The mother I am currently using either has a late 2xAGP or early 4xAGP. All other motherboard I have used with this video card has been 8xAGP.

What mobo are u tryin' to use it with ....? Make/model?

In case of older mobo's u may hafta install the VGART drivers for the AGP to work properly ...
Check that too

preet2u said:
What mobo are u tryin' to use it with ....? Make/model?

In case of older mobo's u may hafta install the VGART drivers for the AGP to work properly ...
Check that too

Spec is has follows :-
Aopen AK33 R1.27 Motherboard
AMD Duron 1300
128 Mb SD RAM

The PCs a P.O.S, that what do you expect from some thing that just sits in the warehouse all day.

[EDIT] I am down loading the dirvers now. I will see how far that gets me.

Some how I don't think this machine was set up properly in the frist place. :rolleyes:

[EDIT 2] When you say older motherboard? How old are you talking about here?

I have installed the MOBO drivers in there. Restarted. Then installed the nVidia Drivers.

NO JOY. :angry:

This time the computer is not giving me the message saying there is a new hardware detected when i reboot after installing the video card drivers.

Here is what is showing on the device manager. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom