nvidia 6600gt possible problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidperrie

Solid State Member
im new to here and hope someone can help me. ive recently built

my fisrt pc and im having problems only when runnig games.

the pc runs fine normaly, but when i play a game it goes for a while

then freezes, sometimes makin noises as it freezes. i then have to

reset as the pc is totaly stuck.

1 x AMD Athlon XP3200+ 400FSB 512Cache

1 x Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe SKTA NVNorce2ST ATX 8xAGP Giga LAN, SATA, Firewire, 6 channel Audio, USB2 Dual chan. DDR +WiFi slot (up to DDR400)

1 x Maxtor 6Y120M0 120GB Serial ATA 8mb Cache 7200rpm - OEM

1 x PNY Verto GeForce 6 6600GT AGP8x 128MB GDDR3 (G66600GABF12YPB)

2 x Crucial CT6464Z40B 512MB DDR 400MHz PC3200

if anyone has ideas id be gratefull. ive already updated the nvidia drivers and a full format but it still crashes. :(

What sort of noise? Clicking?

What PSU do you have?

And have you installed chipset drivers - not the problem, due to the noise, but you need them for gameplay.

I would bet my money it's overheating or the PSU, please post your PSU and temps. Don't just say I have a 400 watt PSU, we need details

PSU means Power Supply Unit. It has all the cable coming out of it. If you don't know the name, look on the under side/ side of it. It will give you the specification of it.

its a atx 350w p4 it came with my box... Deluxworld M7612
i cant see a name i have the case open just now

Heyyo,

Deluxworld? some random brand eh? might be a crappy one.

Now, for the noise, is it by chance one that sounds like an old eglish abulance? if so, defiantely your computer's overheating.

Yeah, try to elaborate on the type of noise.

it doesnt always make a noise but its more like a farty electric noise from the speakers.
and yes i saved on the case as i was building from scratch.
its a 20 quid case and keyboard combo. but it has a snazzy bmw styled front ..whooooooo

How much did it cost? As I can't really find a good answer on google, so I assume generic.

Could you describe the sound?

But, I bet you will need to replace that PSU with a good one, and sooner rather than later.

Just to clear up, it is not coming from the speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom