Ntldr Is Missing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artus1823

Beta member
Alright, well basicly i am building a computer, and i was trying to install the drivers from my Motherboard cd-rom that came with my gigabyte GA-7NNXP, but it comes up with NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart, after a bit of searching i cant find out what to do next, i went to the gigabyte website but i am unable to find what file i should download if any to install the drivers.

This all started because i am using a SATA hard drive, and the WinXP PRO setup wont reconize that i even have a hard drive, than sometimes it says i do but i need to install the drivers first.

Any help would be greatly appreachated (BTW cant spell)

Matt

The Sata drivers come on a floppy with the Gigabyte 7NNXP. I'm not really sure if those are also there on the CD ..

During setup u'll need to hit the F6 key n' provide the drivers for the SATA drive.

my only problem is that my Motherboard did not come with a floppy disk. anyone know where i can download it?

Windows XP users

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:
copy ntdetect.com c:

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

set the sata in the bios for IDE compatible, or something of the sort. then install xp once thats done download and install xp SP1 (without SP1 windows has a problem with SATA). once sp1 is installed, then you can go back into bios and reenable SATA support.

quote microsoft
"CAUSE
This problem may occur if the MFT root folder is severely fragmented. If the MFT root folder contains many files, the MFT may become so fragmented that an additional allocation index is created. Because files are mapped alphabetically in the allocation indexes, the NTLDR file may be pushed to the second allocation index. When this occurs, you receive the error message that is described in the "Symptoms" section of this article.

Typically, files are not written to the root folder. This condition may occur if a program regularly creates and removes temporary files in the root folder, or if many files are copied to the root folder by mistake."
microsoft here
if you have the disk you need to copy the files
copy e:\i386\ntldr c:
copy ntdetect.com c:

yes, but I think this is an installation problem due to SATA. If he doesn't have SATA drivers (install via F9 during setup) then he can ALSO set the HDD as an IDE compatible mode and download SP1 after the install is done and THEN he can set it back up to SATA. sp1 contains RAID and other drivers. should of gotten these drivers with the controller card and/or motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom