Now what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a screen that says excatly the following

*SELF TEST PATTERN*
R

G

B Moniter is Working

thats all I get no buttons work or anything at all...

hm... it may be something else... are all of your fans working? all the devices?
Does windows load (u can tell by sound)

You say that there is no picture, but there is a test? How can that be? Lol... Anyway, it sounds like your friend installed drivers, because that would run a test when windows booted for the first time with those new drivers. You should find out if he installed the newest drivers, and anything else he may have done.

i had this problem just a few days ago with a freind make sure that your RAM is all the way in the dimm/socket

Could it be the monitor's refresh rate, or resolution is different on the home monitor than it is on the friend's monitor? Do you get a POST screen at all?

i believe its your power supply, same thing happened to me, your vid card aint getting the power requirements needed

it is not some test with the drivers guys, it is what most monitors(new ones especially) do when there is no signal... it means the graphix card isnt sending a signal to the monitor at all, could be a broken graphix card, bad cable/monitor, or your mobo not sending data to your graphix card for some reason.. i ahd the same trouble but it was caused by a bad graphics card... try your old graphics card again, or call the computer guy to your house to try it.

my friend had this exact prob. he managed to solve it by changing some monitor settings. he brought his com over to his friends house and managed to change a display setting to solve d prob. if i'm not wrong, it was a power management prob. the monitor was receiving either too much or too lil power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom