Now I'v done it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGOODY

Solid State Member
Biostar M6VLQ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this mobo to replace one in an IBM. I tried to clear the CMOS data by unplugging the power and switching the CMOS jumper from 1,2 to 2,3. After that, the computer will not boot at all. It doesn't show any signs of life at all. I may have to send it off to have it fixed. Anyone have any ideas?

Use your instruction manual that came with your motherboard to make sure that all the jumpers are where they're supposed to be.

-Dan The Man

you remembered the simple things like putting it back to 1,2 and making sure the PSU switch was on. Not insulting your intelligence or anything because I do that kind of crap all the time.

Other than that I've never heard of a board simply not working after clearing the CMOS....generally it's the other way around, board doesn't work, clear CMOS then it does.

Nubius said:
you remembered the simple things like putting it back to 1,2 and making sure the PSU switch was on. Not insulting your intelligence or anything because I do that kind of crap all the time.

few...i thought i was the only one that has done that.....

I did remember to put it back on 1,2 but the board is just dead. I have an Ohm meter so maybe I should check that out to see if anything is getting power. One thing else is that the battery on the board was out of the socket when the clear CMOS was attempted then it just wouldn't fire up at all. I've never ran across this problem before. It's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom