Notebooks more popular? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 06:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

horndude - I've seen that image in your sig before except the caption said "Switch to mac?....I thought you said crack.....can I borrow $10?"

Old 06-06-2005, 06:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via ICQ to daappleby

yeah, overkill is the wave of the future. I think I will wait till the 1THZ 64 bit proc comes out before I bother to upgrade again...

Help us Help you:

1) <b>RTFM</b>
2) Search TF using <b>more than one</b> keyword or combination of words
3) Post specific details. We need your computer specs, your OS, and any details from the error messages you get.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
True Techie

You can build your own laptop. Get the case and whatnot from here:

http://www.coboc.com/

Ive never tried it though.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via ICQ to daappleby

Probably more pain that its worth for now, one day all computers will be built into your head and body Imagine the lineups for upgrades LOL

Help us Help you:

1) <b>RTFM</b>
2) Search TF using <b>more than one</b> keyword or combination of words
3) Post specific details. We need your computer specs, your OS, and any details from the error messages you get.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Quote:
Originally posted by Him
Yeh, I think maybe notebooks are now outselling desktops because so many people now are building their own system.
I seem to be selling more notebooks as appose to desktop now. Here are my reasons....
1. Notebook Specs. For most people, notebooks are of a portable computer so they can get some basic things like Checking Email, Accounting, Writing Letters while they are out side of their home of office. Considering that the lowest desktop CPU I can get is 2.4Ghz, it over kill over what you need on for those things.

2. Notebook Price. I am quite sure that every one knows about inflation (sigh). The good news is as where prices on everything else has gone up, prices on technology has come down alot. 6 years ago, a investment on an entry level notebook was about AU$2500 (RRP on Entry Level AMD Unbranded Notebook in 1997). Now the simulare technology is going for about AU$1400. If I work out inflation and all that, that AU$1400 (RRP on Entry Level AMD Unbranded Notebook in 2005). was worth about approx AU$1600 of 1999's Money. So the over all price on a notebook in the last few years.

3. Competition with other computer stores. I am sick and tired of competing with the yum-char computer store that is using the cheap cheap cheap parts on desktops, and you still have a lot of people that do not seem to not understand that "You Get What You Pay For In A Computer". And you get people that are hardloading windows on to desktop in order to reduce the price down by another AU$125.
At least with notebooks, a lot of the re-sellers are buying from the sale sourse. They are all ready preconfigured with Windows. It some thing that the reseller can not take out of the system as restore CDs only work on 1 model of notebook only.
Therefore it a much more level playing feild unless I am competing with parralle importers or eBAY or Stolen Goods.

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Closed Thread