Notebooks more popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, I think maybe notebooks are now outselling desktops because so many people now are building their own system. Since you cannot build a laptop, people are stuck buying one. I know most people that have a laptop (but they know stuff about computers) also have their own built system. Like for college kids, they need a laptop for school but have a complete system in their dorm or at their respective place of residence. When I go to school, I'm going to buy a very cheap (but new) laptop just for my school work. I dont really care about speed and power when I'm typing notes. When I get back to my dorm, I'll just throw that shit on the charger and jump onto my beast! And then go to my computer... :p

Him said:
just throw that shit on the charger and jump onto my beast! And then go to my computer... :p

So Him.. By the way u worded it, I am presuming your desktop computer and "you beast" are not the same thing? :p.. Please tell me u are not talking about ur g/f? :p lol

To tell you thew truth, I really have no clue what I meant by that. I meant for a sexual double entaun (I think) but it didnt work out and I got all kerfuffled and I just put it. I think I was insinuating that I would have a beast-like GF waiting for me in my dorm, so that when I get home from class I can jump on her. I really dont know man...

That would be cool, problem is that most of the componants are built into the mobo, or so burried that you have to take out nearly every screw in the damned thing!

actually you can build your own laptop... but the problem is it is not as upgradable as the desktop for now...

1)most of the laptop mobo comes with the graphic card, that is one BIG NO NO for gamers, but I know NIVIDA have a product line named MXM for it

http://www.nvidia.com/page/mxm.html

2)heat and power is still a big problem in laptop, maybe one of the reason why INTEL is not pushing the speed of their new CPU anymore but go for HT and Dual Core

but it is true that laptop is getting more popular everyday, and it wouldn't be surprise see ppl consider laptop the main stream in the near future, a very near future...

I have a dell inspiron 9300 2.0 Pentium M with 1GB of system memory and an ATI Radeon x300 256MB DDR mobile vid card and a 17.5 inch widescreen fp on it. Most ppl have laptops for gaming, this defaults css to high on most of the graphic details and the lcd kicks ass for gaming. I love it! I have a logitech x500 mouse and a wireless keyborad to help though. The touch pad and small built in keyboard suck. My biggest complaint is the keyboard. There is a ton of wasted space on this beast, they could have done better. All in all it is an awsome multimedia/gaming machine. It even has 6 USB 2.0 ports for all your goodies :)

I agree with you horndude. The need for speed is perpetuated by the os's. You don't need an nvidia 6800gt or ati radeon 9800 pro to read e-mail and run your webbrowser. 1GB of system RAM should be enough to run 3 versions of windows at the same time, but they made it so it only runs smooth if you have the money for the memory. It will only get worse too. 64 bit has hit the scene, so now (correct me if I'm wrong) we need to go buy 64 bit procs to run the "new and improved" version of windows...uh I just can't keep up some days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom