notebook ram lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rama

Baseband Member
hey there guys

i have a sony viao. initially got it with 64 ram. then later upgraded it to 256 ( 64 + 64) .

-----------------time lag---------------

now its years after i had bought it (5 years)

now a days i see that the ram shown is only 64. in the system specs and the bios. i oprned up the lappy to check if the ram got loose (unusual for a laptop) . but found all in good condition.

i have noidea how come the ram got halved. with 64 mb of ram life is a hell . using win ME . i have to wait for the disk swaps even when shifting between different windows of the internet explorer.

does anyone have any idea hoe this could have had happened. lappy was taken great care. no shaking shagging.

why me ? why me?

whatever

128 mb ram total

rama said:
hey there guys

i have a sony viao. initially got it with 64 ram. then later upgraded it to 256 ( 64 + 64) .

-----------------time lag---------------

now its years after i had bought it (5 years)

now a days i see that the ram shown is only 64. in the system specs and the bios. i oprned up the lappy to check if the ram got loose (unusual for a laptop) . but found all in good condition.

i have noidea how come the ram got halved. with 64 mb of ram life is a hell . using win ME . i have to wait for the disk swaps even when shifting between different windows of the internet explorer.

does anyone have any idea hoe this could have had happened. lappy was taken great care. no shaking shagging.

why me ? why me?

whatever

128 mb ram total

first off the first part of your post, you have a simple addition error
64 + 64 does not equal 256, it = 128

one of the ram sticks could have died, therefore reducing you to only 64. your laptop is 5 years old, you got a good amount of life out of it. I reccomend buying a new notebook.

i would recommend replacing the ram and going to ebay like i did the other day for it. I was able to find pc66 sodimm for $15 that none of the large local computer suppliers even had to order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom