Notebook help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yicktheman

Beta member
Heyloo. Yep this is my first official post haha and I'm pretty sure this is completely in the wrong section... but I can't figure out what other section it would fall under. So basically I want to buy a notebook and I needed some help on which one to buy : ). I think this post might be long cause I have a lot of questions about it and anybody who gives me some help or even their opinion gets a star next to their name!

So I was doing research and basically 2 notebooks caught my eye
the sony vaio s480
and the asus s5a

first question is about the sony vaio and basically... i can't tell any freaking difference between the 480 and the 380 (www.sonystyle.com in case you were wondering ;D) except that the 480's cheaper. Also... I knoe the gfx card is a 6200 but when my roommate bought it couple months ago it was an ati mobility 9700... so basically it got downgraded and i have no clue why they would do that.

Now then for the asus (found at www.asus.com) this is basically a really sleek laptop at like 3 pounds... and the only problem i see w/ that is basically the gfx card since it's an integrated 855gm. And I dunno if you guys know anything about this... but I was looking around at another site (http://store.agearnotebooks.com/asuss5nc.html)and they listed the chipset to be 915gm which has 128 mb of shared memory. And I can't tell if this is just an error or if they really do offer this chipset.

I don't really know much about hardware... and I like playing games... i was just curious about how well integrated gfx cards can handle games.. and if 6200 is enough to run like cs source or doom 3 well. Or if you guys knoe any websites where you can like completely customize a laptop that would be great. or any recommendations for laptops... basically laptops that are under 13.3 inches and under $2000 : ) thanks a lot to the ppl that actually made it through my post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom