notebook battery - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2004, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question notebook battery

I've got a question about the best handling of the battery of my notebook. It's a Lion battery made by Dynapack. I've always the notebook connected to the power outlet. I don't know if this is the best way for the battery, maybe a steadily charging is not very good, or doesn't it harm?

Old 01-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to Shrapnill

Well... is there a problem arising or is this just preventative/worry? Lithium Ion batteries have no problem being charged frequently, but (for all rechargable batteries) its a good idea to occasionally plan a drain when you know youll have time to let it charge later. Draining the battery once or twice a month really helps extend battery life/performance.

System specs? Lets just get down to it people:

My penis is bigger than yours.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

your worry is misplaced. what you are worried about sounds like memory where batteries lose their charge if not properly discharged completely. LiON and nickel metal hydride do not have memory prublemslike the older nickel cadmium batteries.

you can think of them as a gasoline tank, you do not have to empy it cmpletely before trying to refill it. your charger will automatically cut off charging when battery is full so no overcharge. do not worry about your battery, all is well.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Thumbs up

Thank's a lot for your advice.
There is not a current problem, I just wanted to do no wrong from the begining on to my battery So I will let the laptop always at the power outlet, and drain the battery every two weeks.
Closed Thread