notebook battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramboy

Solid State Member
I've got a question about the best handling of the battery of my notebook. It's a Lion battery made by Dynapack. I've always the notebook connected to the power outlet. I don't know if this is the best way for the battery, maybe a steadily charging is not very good, or doesn't it harm?

Well... is there a problem arising or is this just preventative/worry? Lithium Ion batteries have no problem being charged frequently, but (for all rechargable batteries) its a good idea to occasionally plan a drain when you know youll have time to let it charge later. Draining the battery once or twice a month really helps extend battery life/performance.

your worry is misplaced. what you are worried about sounds like memory where batteries lose their charge if not properly discharged completely. LiON and nickel metal hydride do not have memory prublemslike the older nickel cadmium batteries.

you can think of them as a gasoline tank, you do not have to empy it cmpletely before trying to refill it. your charger will automatically cut off charging when battery is full so no overcharge. do not worry about your battery, all is well.

Thank's a lot for your advice.
There is not a current problem, I just wanted to do no wrong from the begining on to my battery So I will let the laptop always at the power outlet, and drain the battery every two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom