Not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE-Thebornotaku

Baseband Member
ok well i am not sure if it's a hardware problem or a software problem that i am experiencing, but it is a very strange and annoying one. i play RO (Ragnarok online) and Battlefield 1942, and i love online play. when i load RO, i will log in to my favourite free server, then it locks up. my computer basically freezes. the same problem with BF1942. i will get onto BF1942, then go to multiplayer, then internet, and when i hit update (to show the servers) it freezes.

i know it isn't a driver problem, because i updated my drivers last night. here are my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
DFI LANParty UT nF3 250GB Mobo
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value
nVidia GeForce FX 3600 BFG (something along those lines)
Happauge! TV Card
10gb C:\ Drive
80gb F:\ Drive
DVD-Reader (generic)
CD-Burner (generic)

that's all the system info i think you guys need, if you need more (keyboard, mouse, moniter, speakers etc) just let me know.

thanks,

AE-TBO

now another problem, when i try to load BF1942, it says "Failed to initialize properly" then i get a short string of hex and it closes D:

I did a search and found many users experiencing the same issue as you are.

"This is caused by the user not having the .NET Framework installed on their computer. The .NET Framework is a set of runtime libraries available from Microsoft. They can be gotten from Microsoft at Windows Update or from Here"

Here's a link .net framework download

Microsoft says this download is usually included in your updates, so maybe you skipped this update by accident.

Hope it works, let us know!

i will, i am just fluching out my F drive real quick, of any unneeded crap (i accidentally deleted my pr0n folder, oh noes)

btw i checked, i have the framework version 1.1, but i am reinstalling it to see if that fixes it. if it doesn't then well, i will just format my PC. then i will have to get updates and shit D:

i dont want to do it, but i will if i have to D:

ok now when i try to install BF1942 (i formatted my HD) i get an error like "unable to access "C:\Docu~1\Mike.m~1\Locals~1\[*alot of random numbers and letters)\isrt.dll""

which is the install shield dll thing. it tells me that it doesn't have permissions ot the file.

please help me, i reformatted for this game D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom