Norton Ghost 2003 restore to USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

gponto18

Beta member
Ok this problem has been driving me crazy so any input whatsoever would be very appreciated, heres the deal:

I made a generic setup for most of the computers at my work. (They are all exactly the same computer) I took an image of the drive using Norton Ghost 2003. I then popped another hard drive (EXACTLY the same type) into my USB enclosure and tried restoring the image I made onto the hard drive in the USB enclosure.

So far so good...

I then take the newly imaged hard drive out of the USB enclosure and put it in one of the new computers (again exactly the same as the comp I took the image from) it wont boot. It acts like the partition table is corrupted or something, where it sees the drive, acts like its about to boot to it, but just hangs with a black screen and white blinking cursor.

Now for the crazyness..

If I do the EXACT same procedure but instead of putting the image on the drive in the USB cradle, I hook the drive up internally on one of the free IDE cables and put the image on it that way, it works like a charm, boots and everything.

Any ideas on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom