Northbridge fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwisdom

Baseband Member
I have built my first computer about a week ago and just today my northbridge fan died on me, and i didnt notice it could it have damaged the comp. also it will rin then it will shutdown but i have restarted the comp and everything SEEMS to be running fine, i would just like to know if there is anything wrong at all and if it there is something worng is my motherboard or is it just a lousy fan. the fan iahve came with my motherboard its a giga-byte motherboard.

Intel extreme edition 3.2 ghz
nvidia geforce 6800gt
creative sound blaster 2 zs
1 gig of ram
ati tv wonder pro
250 gig western digital caviar hard drive
cdrw cd r dvd r dvd rw cd dvd(all in one drive)
4 80mm fans
500 watt power supply
giga-byte 955x royal

Did the motherboard come with the northbridge fan, or did you out it on yourself? If it came with it then you'll want to replace it, as it's obviously supposed to be there.

ok the fan didnt come on the motherboard. it came in a separate package and then installed it on the motherboard.

but it came with the motherboard i didnt buy it seperate . but as i am typing this the fan is working and has been for the last 30 min but about an hour ago i would turn the comp on and the fan would die and i would then restart my comp and the fan would work also this happened after i installed easy tune 5. i just dont want anyhting to be wrong because i have to pay for this thing for a year and i dont really have any way of paying for new crap because i am only 14. its annoying that after all that hard work a little annoying problem like this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom