normal temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded MBM and it says my cpu is 63 degrees C and my case is 51 degrees C. My mother board is either the shuttle an35 ultra or an35n ultra... I am not sure because I had this comp. built for me and the manual has both of those models on it. I went with the an35n ultra when setting up the MBM. If this is wrong would the temp. of the cpu and case be off, and why doesn't it give me the temp of the mobo?
the processor is an amd athlon xp 2600+

so is it too hot?

I think 63 c is scorching.. your cpu should really never breach over 50 c in temp... thats what i have read... but i think that mbm5 would work off if you have the wrong board on it... i would try the other board and see what it gives you ... cause you can always switch back..

Eric

so guys...
I just wanna know..
wat's the normal the temp for a PIII cpu and case or MOBO?
tx

SureShot said:
I think 63 c is scorching.. your cpu should really never breach over 50 c in temp... thats what i have read... but i think that mbm5 would work off if you have the wrong board on it... i would try the other board and see what it gives you ... cause you can always switch back..

Eric

i tried the other one and its the same :eek:

SureShot said:

Eric

looking at your specs in your signature I see that you have an amd ahtlon fx 2500+ ... are you overclocking it at all? I can't decide to either get an athlon 2500+ and overclock to 3200+ speeds or buy the 3200+? Obviously getting the 2500+ will save me some money. thanks

I have a p4 2.2. The CPU runs at 40 and the mobo at 30. I had some major problems when the computer was first put together, but a nice big case fan soon sorted that out. Some heat conductive gel on the processor always helps.

AMD says anywhere in the 50's is ok. lo to mid 60's start worrying. They won't give an exact number because of the inaccuracies in temp sensors etc.. They have a temp range code in their part number system but they are all a within 10 degrees or so.

Sounds like your cpu is either overclocked or overvolted or both. Possibly your heatsink is not mounted properly (backward) or has inadequate thermal transfer material (paste or pad).?

core voltage should be 1.65 - can you verify?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom