Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

Solid State Member
I bought a processor for the computer I just put together. I was wondering if the temperatures are normal.

**Processor: Pentium 4 2.8E GHz w/ HT (PRESCOTT)
**3 case fans, all sucking air out...I don't have any fans pushing air in

I used some of that silver stuff between my cpu and heatsink I forgot what it's called.

Temps:
Idle: 35c-41c
Load: 48c-52c

One time under *heavy* load it hit 55c but that hasn't happend for 3 days.

Thank you for all of your help and advice in advance. :)

Okay, thanks! I was just a little worried because I had nothing to go by...there was no documentation on it or anything. I didn't want to burn it up :eek: . Thanks for your fast reply. :D

P.S. Sorry to ask another question but:
When should I start getting worried (what temperature is too hot)?

Huh, you do not have an intake fan? You need at least one intake fan, prefferably in the front of the case. Air will move a lot faster and cooler in your case and cool your comp down a few more degrees. Those temps seem fine by the way.

Yes you should have a intake fan just .Also you can go into your bios and set your computer to shut off if it gets to hot.It gives you options that is if your mobo has that funtion.

if you have 3 fans im guessing you have one on the side of ur case... push that to sucking air in and you should get better temps... also if you have one in the front of ur case make it so it also pushes air into the case... then ud be left with one exhaust but also remember that the psu has a minimum of 2 fans that it uses to bring the hot air out of the case and the psu

For those of you who suggested that I change the window fan to intake instead of push out, thanks! I took this suggestion and did it last night and my temperatures dropped. When I'm gaming I'm at about 43-45c now where I was hitting 51-55c before I took the suggestion. Thanks again, much better temps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom