A Noob Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshmallow979

Beta member
This is probably pretty dumb of me to ask...

But how I am supposed to get CPU case open?

Front?
Back?
Side?

There are many, many screws in the back, and I'm not sure if they all could be taken out. The front seems to come out partially, but there seems to be something in the way. Should I just pull hard on the front of the case?

And also, how do I check the BIOS at boot-time?

what kind of case do you have? if you dont know, post pics. to get to the bios, i think you press F4 at startup. your comp should tell you when you first boot up. on the first screen, it should say something like "System Setup- Press F4"

it's going to be the side..... as you're looking at the case from the front, you're going to open the side of the case that is to your left. the screws that open it will be on the back.

On the back of your case you'll see screws around the outside holding the case in place, unscrew the ones keeping the right side together (looking at the back) and remove the side panel.

As for the BIOS, it should tell you how to enter setup on the first screen when you boot up either press F4 or delete. And don't pull on the front of the case, there are usually screws and mounts hold it to the chassis that you need to release from the inside of the case.

oh good God, PLEASE dont unscrew the power supply by accident. Hopefully you have thumb screws, or quick release as those are for ONLY opening the case.

i have two computers and they both use different f keys to get into bios. It sohuld say in the begining of startup what to press, unless you have an older computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom