NOOB Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
he doesnt have to chill, thats what this thread was about. He is the first one to really answer the question. And you should take a pic of your comp and let us see, I also have never heard of such a cooling scheme.

the FX-55 may be overrated to some people... but for others it is well worth it.

i dont think it would be a problem to post some pics of my rig. the whole concept of the HPLI is actually quite interesting.

Overrated?! By all means, the AMD 64s are one of the most underrated proccesors of all time, by people confused by whole 64 bit scheme.

The Athlon 64s are some of the fastest proccesors availible of the market right now, for a huge number of reasons. The 64 bit compatiblility is a large part of it, but let's look at the 32 bit side of things.

Hypertransport 2000MT/s transfer rates, built in memory controllers, successful 90nm cores, and lower clocked yet faster cores are all huge benefits to Athlon 64s, over any other proccesor.

The Althon FX 64 proccesors even out do the Athlon 64 proccesors, twice the cache size, higher clock frequencies, an unlocked multiplier These proccesors are not overrated, they are just plain fast.

I well admit the price is a downpoint, but that is something that all new hardware has in common, it's all horribly overpriced.

But completely disregarding the whole price dillema, the FX series totally outperforms the Athlon 64 series, which are already incredible proccesors. The FX proccesors are some of the fastest and most unrivaled proccesors on the market right now, high price or not.

TheMajor said:
Athlon 64 is more bang for your buck.

Ya, that is why you should get one!!!!

--

The athlon 64 FX is supposed to be like 4000+ there is an actual Athlon 64 4000+ for about the same price, and has a fixed clock i think. :confused:

but the botton line, it costs a lot because it's a good chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom