Non-technical/hardware. Speaker Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
One last try!
Hello,
I have an amazing pair of Logitech Z-5500 speakers, and I am currently connected to them via a "Direct" connection, in other words, green speaker connection, black speaker connection, and orange speaker connection. Anyhow, when reading online reviews for these speakers, I saw that they had much better performance sound quality wise when connected through a digital connection. The connection options are: "Optical/coax (DTS(r) 5.1 stream)", "Optical/coax (Dolby(r) Digital 5.1 ch)", and others, but they are not digital, so I am not interested.
Moving on, I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card. So what do I have to buy cable wise to enable the DTS or Dolby Digital? Could you please give me a link from NewEgg?

Also, which do you think is better? The "DTS" or the Dolby Digital?

Thanks a lot!!

Yan Booth

Your not making much sense :/

Any optical connection is digital

I also cannot answer your complete questions about the two surrounds modes since I only work in stero.

Okay, for digital you will most likely need a 75ohm RCA cord. This is how I would run most digital systems.

And the reason why digital gives better sound quality im guessing is because the logitech's are using a digital amp. This means no conversion between soundcard and amp

Thanks,
The speakers have a digital hardware decoder built in, that comes before the sound hits the subwoofer, where the output to the salelites is.

Any chance I could request a link?

Yan

Which cable type do I want: 75ohm digital coaxial cable OR standard optical cable?

Also, is there any way to buy them for under about $40-$50?

Thanks in advance!

YNB

Dolby digital is better.

IMO anyway.

On my stereo, DTS sounds good, but does not have the range that Dolby Digital does.

however, both DTS and DD are better than Pro Logic.

As far as cables go, your sound card should have instructions on how to hook up your card with the proper cables.

If not, you can get them from the Creative labs website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom