Non-responsive printer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

camosilver311

In Runtime
my power strip that i have my computer, printer, etc hooked up to is located under my desk, where your feet are. the other day i accidentally hit the plug for the power supply to the computer and the comp turned off, so i restarted it.

my printer doesn't work any more after the comp came back on, everything else was fine (the printer is a HP officejet 4110). and by doesn't work, i mean that there is nothing showing on the printer's screen, and the little green light that is normally green now flashes green for a few seconds and then starts flashing orange/red very very quickly. when you turn off the printer, the computer says "found new hardware". so i put the installation disc in my cd drive and tried to reinstall the software, and it says the software couldn't be installed because it can't find the right software. i then make sure it's searching my D drive (cd drive) where i put the printer's software installation cd into, and it still says it can't find it.

what should i do? i am running win xp service pack 2 BTW

i looked closer to what disc the computer is looking for to install and it says REFLASH. i dont have a disc for that, does anyone here have it or know where to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom