Non-existent hardware found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrralrellim

Beta member
After a reinstallation of WinXP from the Dell restoration CD, my new Dimension 4700 finds an infrared hardware item every bootup. I cannot find any driver to satisfy this wizard, even on the "Dell Dimension ResourceCD".

Dell forum has provided no solution. Can someone please help?

Thank you.

:(

make sure when you install something you fully install it cause that happened to me once I interupted the installation of my old Canon scanner, the scanner would work perfectly but it would say that imaging hardaware is new so try unsitalling it and reinstall it back and that should do it.

the infrared device is built in , like mine ..and like you i have never found a driver for it .
btw mine is an old 150 latitude xpi cd w/ infrared builk in
at one time somewhere i had an external infrared "HP" remote control for the cd rom , i wonder if those drivers will work ? or if they are even the same?

yrralrellim,

I cannot find any driver to satisfy this wizard, even on the "Dell Dimension ResourceCD"

Well , if you dont want to use the device, and just wanna get rid of the wizard, then disable the deivce in the device manager. As for the drivers , i have no idea. Maybe try this www.driverguide.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom