Noisy PC - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 01:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Noisy PC

My comp has been quite noisy, and it has been bugging me to no end. Whoever else has the Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W psu, is it giving u any noise problems? I don't use my chassis fan 'cause it didn't sound very good (like something was stuck in it, so I'm gonna buy a different one). Anyways, I think it could be my CPU or my vid. card fan...how would I treat this? Thanks.

Old 09-11-2004, 02:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I have a thermaltake 420 watt psu, its not that loud, or maybe i've just gotten used to it. the CPU fan can get fairly noisy, it spins at higher RPM's than the case fans. You can always try using noise dampening solutions, like adding in some sound padding and all types of junk, mufflers for the fan exhaust. but beware, adding this extra sound reduction raises the case temp.

Or you can always buy fans which were designed to be more quiet than normal fans.

Old 09-11-2004, 02:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Or you can always buy fans which were designed to be more quiet than normal fans.
Any suggestions of which one?
Old 09-11-2004, 02:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

vantec stealth fans i find are the quitest out there and they still provide decent CFMs
Old 09-11-2004, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Where would I find it?
Old 09-11-2004, 09:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

i had the same problem. i got 2 fans and a heatsink/fan i can barely hear it. But the fans are 3 molex connector things, so you have to plug em into the motherboard( i have a p4c800 and i can put 2 fans) or buy an adapter for not much. You can leave all the fans in the lowest settings and it still moves air. I got the same performance with the heatsink as the stock P4 heatsink except 100000 times quieter. You can probably cool it better than the stock heatsink.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...186-109&depa=0

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...186-102&depa=0

Closed Thread