no windows 98 or me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It CAN run xp but really don't bother trying as by the end of the week you will have to format again, as I had to do that with my P3 450mhz 64mb ram 10gb h.d. It was stressfully slow at doing anything really, even logging on.

Windows 2000 professional is a great OS based on NT, and it is almost identicle to XP PRO. Even though it started out as a server os. (they use it at my school instead of XP pro, which all the dells have the coa number for xp pro unused on the side of them.

Didnt know anything under 600Mhz could run XP pro and with 64mb of ram... Hard as hell trying to run on 256.... imagine 64mb.... Meh my brother runs it well on 128 but he also has a 800 Mhz cpu....

the specs that it will run on are redicuously under what it could run:
PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
•128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)
•1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space*
•Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
•CD-ROM or DVD drive
•Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

I like how it says "may limit performance" for 64mb of ram, I would say may make you want to destroy the pc.

charles_scott said:
Didnt know anything under 600Mhz could run XP pro and with 64mb of ram... Hard as hell trying to run on 256.... imagine 64mb.... Meh my brother runs it well on 128 but he also has a 800 Mhz cpu....

i have an old old emachines and its a celeron 500. one day, just for the fun of it, i deleted the 8gb partition created a new one and put xp on it, with dual boot 98. oh u wudnt imagine how slow it is.

ah you guys here started with your own issues :> Waiting for one to elaborate it!

should i buy Sony DRU-720 but windows 2000 will be okay with me? as home use? Or i rather buy samsung burner.. but it is good?

kanjoos aadmi, spend some money on the System upgrade. Hard Drive to 80GB ki lagayee hooi hai, and celeron 550 + 64MB ram. make at least 128MB and 1000 celeron, and then you'll be able to use Windows XP and whatever u want to buy.

suzuki ka engine rakha howa hai and body laganee hai mercedes ki.

zolxy said:
should i buy Sony DRU-720 but windows 2000 will be okay with me? as home use? Or i rather buy samsung burner.. but it is good?

Windows 98 does NOT support that Sony burner.

You CAN run Windows 2000. It is NOT a server based o/s.

You SHOULD upgrade your o/s, if not your overall computer.

ur computer wont run it, im telling u, what are u thinking, 64Mb of ram with a celeron 550? get a an amd athlon/intel p4 and 512 ram or forget the burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom