No video! help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

volt

Beta member
I just bought a used p4 3.0 and dual channel 512 ddr (2 256s)

i bought my motherboard new from microcenter. Its teh right board, and its brand name is MSI. I have the p4 w/ hyperthreading btw.

Ok, to start off, the first board i had was different than the msi im working with now, it did all the same things i will describe below, but i took it back and got a diff brand board.

Keep in mind, i have tryed all of this with no hard drive cdrom/floppy or any other unnecassary equipment also.

when i dont clear my cmos my moniter wont come on when i turn the cpu on. i have to clear it EVERY TIME, unless i dont go into cmos at all
i can even go into cmos and NOT SAVE anything, and it will do it the next time i boot it up.

When i have my hard drive in (ive tried 3 diff drives) i select f2 (boot with defaults) btw it says cmos is wrong at the top of a dos screen with my bios logo b4 i choose this

It will run the windows screen as if it hadnt been shut down correctly with all my drives, asking about safe mode etc. ive tried every option, same results. My 40 gig drive is somewhat different in results, as it will try to boot windows but turn the moniter off and not boot, i can tell its not booting because i cant hit numlock or anything after any amount of time.

with my other 2 drives i also have winxp pro on them, once i hit boot in safe mode or regular it will give me a bluescreen error saying its not going to boot because it will damage my system.

Ive tried my friends 2 sticks of 512 ddr in the older board too, and the processor seems to be fine so far, or it wouldnt be working at all. :mad:

Pentium 4 3ghz w/hyperthreading
256 ddr 3200 @400 mhz x2
Board= Intel 865PE Chipset Based 865PE NEO2-P by MSI (Micro-star International)
Used both 300 watt and 450 watt supplies on this.
Thanks in advance for ANY help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom