no sales tax sites for california

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
are there any good internet sites that carry cpus, mobos, etc and dont charge sales tax to california residents?

newegg and zipzoomfly DO . . .

Try looking on pricegrabber.com. They show you what they expect the sales tax and shipping to be. Did a quick check, and looks like TigerDirect and CDW don't charge sales tax, but they do charge shipping.

zipzoomfly is located in california, not sure about newegg, I think you can just find a site that ISNT located in california and they might not have sales tax

Newegg is New Jersey and California based. Which sux ass cuz it costs more money for californians/new jersey people???

I don't know about new jersey, would depend on new jersey laws, just as the reason we have the tax is because of california law =/ damn hippies

yeah, newegg is jersey based, but because they have a warehouse in city of industry, ca, we get charged tax . . .

the only good thing about that is that i get items quicker . . . but i wouldnt mind waiting a day or 2 more if i dont have to pay sales tax (8.25%on NE and 8.75% on ZZF!!)

on the system i wanna build, i'm gonna end up paying over $300 in sales tax!!

i wish i lived in oregon :p

yeah I know what you mean, I want to get the eVGA 128mb 6800 off of zipzoomfly cause its at like $275 right now and after taxes its like $300 =/ what a bummer.

you could have a relative purchase it for you and ship it to you if that would be cheaper

I think its law that if you order anything off of the internet and it has an outpost in your state you pay the according amount of tax. It's not just California, although California has its share of RETARDED laws.

yeah, but the shipping would probably make up all the taxes, plus the possibility of stuff getting damaged in the second ship . . .

the closest relatives i have are an aunt and uncle in atlanta, and a sister in dc . . . and i live in L.A.!!

slvrstang said:
California has its share of RETARDED laws.

well, some of the laws we made up first have turned out to be really great. . . like no smoking in indoor bars and restaurants, and pay for gas before you pump . . .

but you think california has its share of retarded laws . . . check out MY TOWN - dubbed the strictest city in america by time magazine!

http://www.huaren.org/diaspora/n_america/usa/news/102699-01.html

you cant have a front hedge higher than 4 feet, you cant play ping pong in the garage, all handymen must have a city license to work in the city, all dogs, bikes, religious groups must have a license, front yards may not have more than 35% concrete, satellites may not be visible from the front of the house and 50 degrees either way, no house may have similar design to another house within 3 mile radius, etc . . .

stupid laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom