no life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i forgetting to change nething on the mobo??the only thing i did was put the cmos on pins 2-3...and plugged in the power connectors..am i leaving nething out?

You only put the cmos pins on pins 2-3 for a few seconds (5) then you put it back on its original position

I had this problem. I forgot to use the plastic screws to secure the mobo in the case instead of the metal ones.:p But that may not be the problem in your case. Be sure that your HD cable and the RAM are completely secured in place.

I also had this problem before. I did all of what you did but on top of that I replace my CMOS battery and I think that did the job. Check the battery to see if its any good.

i just went and used the copper ones instead...i think im gonna go change the cmos..even tho its brand new

well...i changed that battery..still no go...the copper screws made the fan light up and spin a lil more...but im getting depressed lol.

You normally use copper standoffs and then other screws to scren the motherboard into the standoffs that way the motherboard will not have any shorts

Take the motherboard out and set it on top of the box it came in. Place the antistatic bag ontop of the box and then the mobo ontop of the bag.

Now hook up power, RAM, vid card, and keyboard only.

Try to boot up...if it does, your motherboard is grounding out.

Remove just the vid card and boot up. If nothing happens, it's not the video card, if the system all of a sudden beeps (of course you need to have the mobo close enough to your case so you can keep the PC speaker attached to the mobo so you can hear these beeps) anywho..if it beeps..then the video card needs to be reseated or perhaps it's faulty.

If that does nothing, put the card back in and now remove the RAM and try booting again.

Same thing applies, if you get nothing then the RAM isn't causing the system hang up. Like with the card though, if your system beeps now, then either the RAM is dead or perhaps wasn't seated right.

Now if you've gone through those components and it still doesn't boot then it seems it could be the CPU or motherboard unfortunately. Either a motherboard will be completely dead or it will just power on but nothing happen. Unfortunately you basically gotta RMA both the CPU and motherboard unless you have another motherboard to try the CPU in and another CPU to try in the motherboard in question.

Good luck

right now i have copper standoffs. and then the mobo and then there are more copper screwded into the bottom ones to hold it in place..it just gets a flicker of life and then its dead..all the fans turn for just a short moment ...i dont think its still shorting ...i held the anti static bag in my hand and put the mobo on it...then fired it up and it did just as it had been doing...and im getting no beeping at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom