no life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
ok..i have an amd 2700+...with a pcchips tidalwave w30.. 512 pc3200 ram...geforce 5200 vid card... when i first put it together the thing was lifeless and nothing happened at all... so i went and put a differant power supply in..now i have a 400W power supply and when i hit the power button the cpu fan turns like quarter of a turn and the leds flash for like a half second..then its done...i need some suggestions please...

Have you made sure you conected everything right . Try clearing the cmos by removing the battery or moving the jumper for 5 seconds. Also make sure your cpu is seated right with the heatsink.

hmm..i just went and tried all of those..i even tried taking the cpu out and putting it back in...it seems as tho the power supply doesnt power nething..even tho itsa my 2nd one...i cleared the cmos..this is getting really annoying and i dont knoe wut to do...

If you have some other ram and graphics card put those in then at least you can narrow the problem down to it beeing the motherboard

still no go...the red light on the mother board comes on..and when i hit the power switch it makes a noise like it wants to start ...but no fans move or nothing..the switches are hooked up just like the motherboard manual says..

try its with just the graphics card the mobo cpu and psu hooked up. if u havent already, past that ul have to try a different graphics card then a different cpu and if its the same for all of them it has to be the mobo. Have to say ive never heard of that board before so i woudlnt be surprised if it was dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom