No DVI Image - Software or Hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagavulin

Solid State Member
Hi there to all :)

I'm having a strange problem that I hope you more experienced people might know a little about.

On Sunday evening when I shut down my system, the DVI connection to-from my ATI RX700 graphics card/LG Flatron L1940P TFT Monitor, was operating perfectly normally (as it had done since buying the monitor/card approx a month ago). Moreover, I'm not aware of having made ANY software changes to the GPU or the Monitor settings whatsoever.

But yesterday afternoon - when I had to move the monitor for a short while - I uncabled it from the GPU, and then upon reconnecting it and booting up (first time since Sunday evening) NO DVI image!

Oddly, I CAN get an image via the card's DVI output WHEN connected through the DVI/D-Sub adaptor/convertor, and I am able to get a signal through the Analog D-Sub connection; but NOTHING when outputting a direct DVI signal to the monitor???

BTW, when it IS connected to the DVI output directly, the monitor does display the connection type as 'Digital', but goes into 'Standby' as it would when receiving NO signal.

I have tried most of the 'software' troubleshooting methods outlined in ATI's and LG's FAQ's to try to get to the bottom of this issue, but to no avail.

I am beginning to think it might be a hardware issue, but I have no idea of how to decide if it's the graphic card or the monitor. I do have other monitors in the house, but none that have a DVI connection except this one that it playing-up!

Can you offer any help or guidance.

Regards,

LAGAVULIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom