No Beep, No Post, Monitor Blank - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-29-2005, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4
Default No Beep, No Post, Monitor Blank

hey i have a custom computer and when i turn it on then it doesn't go throught "POST" and i here no beep and there is also no display. I read many other furoms and they said to try to take out parts out of the computer to see what the problem is i had my computer down to the mother board and the processer. There still was no beep. If more information is need please ask. I personally think that the prossesor is burnt out. PLEASE HELP
__________________

Bobward is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 03:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: A system that rotates chaotically while simulations indicate irregular and unconventional behaviour.
Posts: 477
Default Re: No Beep, No Post, Monitor Blank

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobward
had my computer down to the mother board and the processer. There still was no beep.
add some ram and try again.
__________________

LoTeX is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4
Default Re: Re: No Beep, No Post, Monitor Blank

Quote:
Originally posted by LoTeX
add some ram and try again.
I kept my gig of ram in and there still weren't any Beeps. Does this conclude that the processer is done?
Bobward is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 813
Default Re: Re: Re: No Beep, No Post, Monitor Blank

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobward
I kept my gig of ram in and there still weren't any Beeps. Does this conclude that the processer is done?
try clearing your CMOS memory first, usually just a jumper you need to take off. Check your mobo manual to locate the correct pin's.
__________________
Associates Degree in IS

A+ Certified

Studying for Network+
BASSMASTER is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4
Default

the computer has started correctly before. it jus that recently it was overheating to i went and boguht a case fan but it kept doing it so then i took off the cpu fan and then all the white goo was melted and there was a blue sticker stopping contact from the CPU to the copper part of the back of the fan. Then I think I put the proesser in wrong with out the fan for 5 seconds and the computer once again shut off bc of over heating. The cpu was hotso i put it next to a fan emidiatly.That is why i think it might be burnt, but there aren't any signs of it being burnt on the bottom side of it.
Bobward is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobward
the computer has started correctly before. it jus that recently it was overheating to i went and boguht a case fan but it kept doing it so then i took off the cpu fan and then all the white goo was melted and there was a blue sticker stopping contact from the CPU to the copper part of the back of the fan. Then I think I put the proesser in wrong with out the fan for 5 seconds and the computer once again shut off bc of over heating. The cpu was hotso i put it next to a fan emidiatly.That is why i think it might be burnt, but there aren't any signs of it being burnt on the bottom side of it.
When you put the processor in wrong are you sure you didn't bend/break one of the pins?
__________________
Associates Degree in IS

A+ Certified

Studying for Network+
BASSMASTER is offline  
Old 07-29-2005, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4
Default

yup they are fine...... I jus think it got to hot for its good bc i just wasnted to check if thre ere goign to be any beeps really quick so I just put it in really quick with out a fan.
__________________

Bobward is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.