No Audio at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelo

Baseband Member
I recently had comp problems and had to buy a new hard drive, which meant everything was fresh installed. However ever since then my audio has not worked, everytime i try to play a sound it brings up an error message telling me how no audio devices are installed even though it says different in device manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card driver and still nothing works. Can anyone help me on this issue?

What type of soundcard, or on-board sound, are you using? If you're using a soundcard, is it properly seated in the PCI slot? Are your speakers properly configured (plugged in, set up properly in your software)?

Need more info...

Did you install the sound driver? Right click on My Computer, goto propertys, then hardware tab, then the device manager button. Are there any yellow exclamation points, or red x's?

What kind of computer is this? Was it built buy a small computer shop or by a big computer name like dell or compaq?

The sound card is properly seated, its my own custom computer, and i cant configure the speakers at all because it says no sound devices and all the options in control panel that have to do with sound are "grayed-out", as in i cant choose anything. My sound card is a Cobra AW-850 and i have installed the drivers.

Try deleting the drivers again in Device Manager (everything in sound). Then turn off the PC and try moving the sound card into another slot. Then reinstall sound drivers with the CD it came with. It worked for me before.

A lot of those are drivers that are on the motherboard though (onboard). So how would I get those back once I reinstalled the sound card driver, would I need them anyways since I am using a sound card? Also, what about Sound Codecs?

Hmm...

Well you don't need onboard sound if you've got a soundcard; try disabling it in BIOS. But it depends on you motherboard though- if it puts out better sound than your card... :confused: What motherboard are you using?

An Albatron "Intel 865PE Pro". The only reason I got a soound card is because the people that reviewed the mobo said the onboard sound wasnt very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom