Nforce4 SLI Roundup..Best SLI Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2358

Relatively long article. Comparing ASUS, Gigabyte, DFI, and MSI.

Basically it's in this order from best to worst (mainly based on OC'ability along with overall performance although of course one board will have features another doesnt):

DFI
MSI
Gigayte
ASUS

heh, always have said ASUS sucks :p They do get some benches though. If you look through all the benches every board is at the top atleast once. So they all provide excellent performance in atleast one area, but ASUS just couldn't hang when it came to overclocking. But yeah appearantly ASUS sucks at AMD but excell in Intel based boards..who knows. But still some interesting facts.

hmm.. really nubius? i had a DFI board be4 i had this asus and asus to me oc alots better
my.php

i got 300mhz up on that from my asus and for my dfi board sory buht i have no screenshots buht i remembered that i got it to 250 and it was really really unstable. well, iono... i like my asus board =D

*edit*
heres the pix..http://img34.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img34&image=untitled2yk.png

Well, it's not me saying this. It's the article. The DFI board hits 318MHz on the memory while the ASUS can only hit a max of 255

i got 300mhz up on that from my asus
On your RAM meaning DDR600? I'd have to see screens to believe that.

Also what are you trying to show with that picture? 235HTT isn't an insanely high OC for the HTT, but they are using RAM that's MADE for high OC's. PQI Turbo series is good overclockers RAM, but I see yours is PC3600 so I'd expect the higher HTT by default. They are using PC3200 that's heavily OC'd.

Yeah DFI looks the route to go.

Hell, my A8V is OC'ing higher than their SLI without any voltage changes to the mobo.

well i was tryin to say that i hadnt had a good experience with dfi buht yes i agree asus sucks soo hard because its just i cant pinpoint it buht its like it doesn just like AMD lol. U guys have any reason why? im really curious cuhz it seems like my old 533mhz celeron wid a asus mobo runs really good together.

Bah... who needs SLI??

(hey, I'm on a budget!)

Interesting, I'll give it a read. I usually don't check Anandtech. :cool:
I'd probably either go with MSI or Gigabyte, if I could afford it.

-x86

Yeah, I'll never get SLI unless I win the lotto or something like that. But other than that I don't consider it a practical application for getting awesome graphics. We need a card we can afford without mortgaging the house and car and selling your family into slavery, but can still play the games at high graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom