Nforce4 and SLI coming to Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLI motherboards do not cost $300. The ASUS A8N was no wh ere near 300 when it first came out. Besides now it is around $179. SLI increases performance at HIGHER resolution. I don't know why everbody thinks SLI is for 1024x768 resolution. When is at such a low resolution, the processor is bottlenecking the two video cards, which is why there is no performance gain. SLI was made for the people who want to enjoy less latency at higher resolutions with antitrospic filtering, etc.

Whats so WRONG with SLI, and why are so many people here against it??

Yan
What VIII said.

I don't know why everbody thinks SLI is for 1024x768 resolution. When is at such a low resolution, the processor is bottlenecking the two video cards, which is why there is no performance gain. SLI was made for the people who want to enjoy less latency at higher resolutions with antitrospic filtering, etc.
No it's for those 'extremists' with bottomless pockets. For us poor folk who can't go out and buy 2 freakin video cards at $200 a pop at the bare minimum currently it's not a very good solution.

I think must already know it's not for 1024x768, you get the most gain from the more you try to tax it. The fact still remains, however, that it's a rich boys toy. You gotta get a $175 dollar motherboard, 2 expensive ass graphics cards, and a strong PSU which now-a-days a good quality PSU can run you a pretty penny in terms of PSU costs.

Not only that, the games have to support SLI otherwise it's completely useless.

SLI is not a practical way to increase graphics performance for the common man. One of those cards are power hungry monsters as it is, muchless two of them, not to mention the heat produced.

That's why I think SLI is stupid and nvidia needs to stop wasting our time and money on that crap and develope something else. Not saying that's an easy task by any means, but this SLI crap is ridiculous. Just makes those with less money feel even poorer and like high settings in games is an impossibility unless you win the lotto

Wall7486 said:
SLI motherboards do not cost $300. The ASUS A8N was no wh ere near 300 when it first came out. Besides now it is around $179. SLI increases performance at HIGHER resolution. I don't know why everbody thinks SLI is for 1024x768 resolution. When is at such a low resolution, the processor is bottlenecking the two video cards, which is why there is no performance gain. SLI was made for the people who want to enjoy less latency at higher resolutions with antitrospic filtering, etc.
i mean 300 Australian, which would be about 179 american

Duh, think b4 u try and act smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom