nForce2 vs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Is the built in sound on most (if not all?) nForce2 motherboards better than a SoundBlaster Live! ?

I know that the nForce2's has 6 channel, as opposed to the 5 channel on the SB...

But thats not so important. Im talking about quality, etc. Does this sound ("system?") rely on the Computer's Proc or does it use its own? (AKA I Cant afford lowering my FPS) Does the Live! ?

Lemme in on the Info! Help me out here! Whatever!

So does anyone know? I find it hard to believe noone has responded yet!

Someone say something!

i don't know answers to your questions but i am not liking your sig. MAC's are great i have one and i bet it will beat the crap outta your pc

Onboard sound is never going to be as good as a newer card, but the sb live is a bit dated and the nforce2 onboard sound is pretty good quality.

Nforce's onboard sound is pretty impressive .. it is quite at par with the SB live 5.1 if not better :) .... But doesn't even compare to the the Audigy.

As far as Cpu usage goes .. it doesn't really use much at all ..it wouldn't affect ur fps much ...as far as my knowledge goes.

thanks people. many thanks! i really appreciate (<<spelling?) the replies.

as for the "non-helpful" one...

swanster said:
i don't know answers to your questions but i am not liking your sig. MAC's are great i have one and i bet it will beat the crap outta your pc

if you dont have an answer, then dont reply in the thread! theres other places for that (as ill explain below... sorta)

Yes it may "beat the crap outta" my pc, but you have to consider a few things....

1: you probably have a job, or if not old enough, your parents spoil you. Therefore,
2: you have money, which is something i seldomly have. but the time you spend buying and playing, i spend surfing the internet learning more, and then taking my computer apart and putting it back together (physically and digitally.)

its not the computer, but the user and how he/she uses the computer.

your computer may kick my computer's ass when it comes to games and benchmarks (etc) but that does not reflect on how well you can operate, configure, tweak, and perform matenence on a computer.

Judging on the fact that,:

1. you said this in the first place, and not in a private message, but in a post completely unnafilliated with your "answer".
2. you dont seem to know that these sort of discussions NEVER get anywhere, even if one side is making much more intellegent arguments, etc.
3. you "seem" to be new to the forum. Read around on old posts to see what kind of people run the place. you'll understand why. (especially in threads that only apply to PCs.)

I would have to make a GUESS (<<underlined 3 times) that you are somewhat new to computers.

watch what you say after this, because you'll get people like me temporarily angry.

sorry to all the others who had to read that out of curiosity.
sorry for all spelling errors, as its late and im tired and too lazy to do any proofreeding.
and most of all
thanks again for the replies. except you, swanster. ;)

Getting back on the subject, it seems like most people (including me) can't really tell the difference between the output of an onboard nForce2 and an Audigy card or would not really miss the added capabilities. Yes I have read somewhere that onboard sound can take a hit on your performance but you would usually only notice if you are stressing your system on the newest shooters with all the features turned on and are obsessed with counting frame rates.

Oops, I goofed. Actually the nForce2 motherboards has a separate hardware sound controller and is not through the CPU.

swanster said:
I actually agree partly to that, PARTLY - except I can understand why you did go off at him
I really like Macs but I really like PC's too
I'm really not sure about customising my own G5 or building a PC from scratch

the video card does like 70% of the work (roughly speaking) when playing most modern games so if you have a good video card it won't really make much, if any affect to gameplay

and the quality is very good, who needs to spend money on a sound card if you can get the same quality sound if not better with the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom